Brooke Weston Teaching School was established in 2011 after Brooke Weston Academy was designated as one of the first hundred schools in the country to be granted Teaching School status.
The Teaching School has forged partnerships with professionals across the East Midlands, ranging from primary through to higher education providers. This partnership and expertise across the educational spectrum, allows us to develop and deliver a range of programmes for teachers, whether they are newly qualified in the profession or, at the other end of the spectrum, very experienced and seeking qualification for Headship.
As an employee of the Brooke Weston Trust our staff are offered a variety of professional development courses delivered through the Teaching School, ensuring that they are constantly improving and progressing. Here is just a selection of the programmes that the Teaching School is currently offering:
Curriculum programmes for various subject areas:
- securing greater depth in KS1 and KS2
- challenging high attaining pupils
- raising confidence in teaching KS3 and KS4
- subject knowledge enhancement
- supporting EAL learners in the classroom
- supporting ASD learners in the classroom
- NPQ qualifications
- Aspirant middle leader
- Leading a successful department
- Head of Department development programme
- effective lesson observation
- courageous conversations
- leading others and developing an effective team
This is a non-exhaustive list of the training programmes offered by the Teaching School. To find out more about the Teaching School, please click here.