Becoming a Brooke Weston Trust Governor
Governors perform a very important role at Brooke Weston Trust and are a source of strength to our schools.
The role of a governor can be very rewarding – it allows great opportunities to; contribute and develop their personal and professional skills, to work as part of a team and network with other likeminded people and to achieve the wider satisfaction that comes with the ability to shape and improve the future of young people.
If you are passionate about helping your local community and want to make a real and positive impact on education we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for people with:
- A desire to contribute to local education and surrounding community
- An interest in education for young people and passion to make a difference
- A willingness to listen, to look at issues objectively and to make informed judgements
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Time to commit to a minimum of 4 full governors meetings per year and participate in subject link visits to the school
(in total approximately 20 hours per year).
Anyone who has an interest in education and relevant skills to fulfil the role of a governor can apply and we warmly welcome volunteers from any background. Governors need not be experts in the field of education but need to have an interest in the particular school and in the welfare of our children and have the time and willingness to get involved.
What we can offer you:
- a chance to develop professional skills in strategic management
- training to develop an understanding of specific school management issues
- true satisfaction of being a member of a team within the school, working together to make a difference to the lives of young people in your area.
Please see below links for further details on the role of the governor at Brooke Weston Trust. If you are interested in becoming a governor, please contact Anna Trott, PA to CEO for further information.
Become a BWT Governor
Brooke Weston Trust Coomb Road Great Oakley Corby Northamptonshire NN18 8LA
T 01536 397000