Assistant Principal – Leadership of the English Faculty (including Media) and whole school Literacy and Numeracy
Start date: August/September 2021
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: L11-L15 dependent upon experience
We believe that a handful of years spent at Brooke Weston Academy will open up a lifetime of opportunities for children. We believe that these opportunities are created by inspirational teachers like you.
We want to appoint an exceptional Assistant Principal – Leadership of the English Faculty (including Media) and whole school Literacy and Numeracy to start at the Academy from August/September 2021 on a permanent basis. As a specialist you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of English, media and whole school Literacy and numeracy. If this role excites you, please get in touch, or even better, come and visit us. We want to hear from you.
Brooke Weston Academy is unusual, and exceptional. We are an innovative and ambitious 11-18 secondary Academy set in the heart of Corby. We are committed to supporting and challenging our students to reach their full potential, inside and outside of the classroom. Our school was founded 26 years ago in order to transform the education of young people in the community, and we have. Yes, we are outstanding, driven by the needs of our students and our core values. We are never complacent and always restless to improve. Our Academy was born out of the need for change, to be different and innovative; we were designed to be a laboratory of learning in an educational area of disadvantage. We are valued within our community with almost 1000 students applying for the 180 places in year 7 this year. We are proud to be a high performing state comprehensive with a traditional curriculum but one which also highly values the arts, drama, sport and dance. The success of this vision led to the creation of the Brooke Weston Trust and the Brooke Weston Teaching School Alliance with a mission to ‘go to the most difficult places and do good’.
Proud to be a part of The Brooke Weston Trust
The Brooke Weston Trust is a family of primary and secondary schools in Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire. Our aim is quite simple; to provide high quality education and learning opportunities across our schools and to ensure that every child, no matter their background or starting point, leaves us with the necessary qualifications, skills and self-belief to fulfil their potential.
We have five simple, yet effective core values that underpin all our work:
- Ambition for All
- High Expectations
- Excellent Teaching and Support
- Working Together
- Contributing to Society
Therefore, we are committed to transforming schools within our Trust, to providing students with the ‘tickets for life’ for further education, employment or other destinations beyond school.
We are proud to educate more than 7,000 students and employ more than 1,000 staff. We have a growing reputation, both within the communities in which we operate, but also at a national level where the Brooke Weston Trust is seen as a ‘can-do’ organisation, taking on the challenge and responsibility of making a difference in some of the country’s more challenging areas.
We are equally as ambitious for our staff and promote a strong culture of professional collaboration and continuous improvement.
Teaching with the Brooke Weston Trust can be an incredibly rewarding and satisfying career, which lets you see the real difference you are making to students’ lives and our wider communities. A teaching career also comes with the added benefits of job security, a very strong social team atmosphere, and the opportunity to develop independence and responsibility.
Being part of a multi-academy Trust also gives our employees access to a wide range of high-quality training and experience of working in a diverse range of educational settings. We also have our own Teaching School that delivers training and professional guidance to teachers at every stage of the profession.
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our Academy is:
- Warm, welcoming and inclusive thanks to an incredibly talented team of staff
- A place that lives and breathes its values, with students at the heart of every decision
- A school where students love learning, want to learn and are deeply curious about their subjects: behaviour in our school is exceptional
- Committed to creative and bespoke professional learning for all staff
- An immaculate and professional environment with state of the art facilities, set in a large campus surrounded by beautiful landscape
- A high energy and rewarding place to work
- Highly successful: results in all Key Stages are exceptional and we are incredibly proud of the success we have with our disadvantaged and SEND students.
- Our Academy is in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress and subjects are consistently significantly above the national average
In addition to a fantastic learning environment we offer the following employee benefits:
- A dynamic and supportive staff body led by a highly experienced leadership team
- A focus on bespoke professional learning with opportunities to participate and lead Teaching School activities
- Generous PPA allowance equivalent to one day per week
- Breakfast and lunch for all staff in our restaurant
- Variety of salary sacrifice schemes
- Laptop provided to all staff
English and Media at Brooke Weston Academy
- Dedicated subject area and classrooms
- Fully staffed with specialist teachers
- Well-resourced departmental budgets and access to cutting edge technology
A great place to live and work
Corby is a vibrant and growing town in Northamptonshire, reinventing itself from its steel past into a popular commuter town for London. We are surrounded by beautiful countryside and market towns. This is a community that our team love to work and live in.
How to apply
Further details about the Academy, the above position and details of how to apply can be found on our website www.brookeweston.org or by telephoning 01536 396366. Applications may be submitted in writing addressed to the Associate Principal or electronically to email@example.com
Closing date: 26 April 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 26 April 2021
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.